P-Town Chop Recipe
We believe all good things should be enjoyed in moderation, even moderation, so ya better believe that when we have a salad, we load it up with the good stuff (i.e. bacon and cheese). Read on for our moderately healthy and maximally delish P-Town Chop recipe, here just in time for Dry July and a delicious slam dunk when paired with an IPNA or whatever else you're drinking.
INGREDIENTS (Serves 1)
- 3 oz grilled chicken breast, cut into cubes
- ¼ cup diced tomato (not all tomatoes are created equal, so we'd go with farmer's market heirlooms if you're lucky enough to find them in season)
- ¼ cup cooked black beans (no shame in cutting prep time and going for the canned variety, just be sure to rinse them first)
- 4 oz mixed baby greens (or approximately 2-3 handfuls, depending on the size of your paws)
- 2 oz shredded white cheddar cheese (or a vegan cheddar like this one if you want to make this recipe dairy free)
- 1/3 cup Hobb’s bacon, cooked and diced
- One hard boiled egg, sliced
- ½ avocado, sliced
- 2 oz. fresh ranch dressing (choose a vegan option like this one if you're keepin' it dairy-free)
Toss the mixed greens, black beans, and tomato in the ranch dressing until everything is all mixed up and lightly coated in ranch. Artfully arrange the remaining ingredients in sections around the top of the of the greens for maximum aesthetic allure. Pour yourself a refreshing glass of IPNA. Never compromise on flavor.