Summer Tomato Pizza
Pairs with Little Sumpin’ Sumpin'
Big juicy fresh tomato flavor pops with every little cherry tomato on this pizza, the savory sweet sungold sauce play perfectly with subtle earthy undertones of a Little Sumpin’ Sumpin'.
BY: ANTHONY FALCO
1 (200 g) Neapolitanish dough ball
70 grams (4 oz) fresh mozzarella
20 grams (1oz ) sungold tomato sauce (seasoned with salt, olive oil, roasted and pureed)
40 grams (2oz) mixed baby tomatoes (datterini & black cherry, sliced and seasoned with salt, olive oil and white balsamic vinegar)
5 grams (½ oz) fresh basil
5 grams (1/2 oz) fresh minced garlic
20 grams (1 oz) freshly grated parmigiano reggiano
- Stretch out the dough by dimpling dough everywhere except a ring of crust about 1 inch from the outside edge. Stretch the dough by hand until the pizza is about 11 inch in diameter.
- Top pizza with minced garlic everywhere on the dough except the 1 inch crust area around the outside edge.
- Tear nickel sized pieces of fresh mozzarella from the outside edge in, topping the pizza evenly.
- Drizzle 2 oz of sungold tomato sauce over the whole pizza.
- Tear fresh basil and evenly top pizza from the outside in.
- Evenly top with sliced black cherry and datterini tomatoes.
- Transfer to the oven and bake directly on the pizza stone for 5 minutes (90 seconds in breville pizzaiolo) or until the crust is nicely browned. Rotate if necessary for an evenly colored crust.
- Top with grated parmigiano reggiano.
- Cut pizza into 6 slices and enjoy with an ice cold Little Sumpin’.