Cherrybomb Sausage Pizza
Cherrybomb & Sausage Pizza
Pairs with IPA
The classic strong flavors of garlic and italian fennel sausage are balanced with the sweet and acidic pickled peppers, the IPA stands up well to all mamma mia happening in your mouth.
By: Anthony Falco
1 (200 g) Neapolitanish dough ball
35 grams (2 oz) roasted garlic
20 grams (1oz ) alpha tolman cheese (cheddar is fine)
20 grams (1oz) fresh mozzarella
2 grams (1/4 oz) oregano
10 grams (½ oz) pickled cherrybomb peppers (mama lil’s)
20 grams (1 oz) roasted candy onions
40 grams (2 oz) fresh italian sausage
- Stretch out the dough by dimpling dough everywhere except a ring of crust about 1 inch from the outside edge. Stretch the dough by hand until the pizza is about 11 inch in diameter.
- Spread out the roasted garlic in one thin layer everywhere on the dough except the 1 inch crust area around the outside edge.
- Tear nickel sized pieces of fresh mozzarella from the outside edge in, topping the pizza evenly.
- Evenly top the pizza with cubes of Alpha Tolman cheese from the outside edge in.
- Evenly top with pickled cherrybomb chilies.
- Evenly top with the roasted onions.
- Remove sausage from casing and pluck of nickel sized pieces off and place even on the pizza from the outside in.
- Evenly top with the dry oregano.
- Transfer to the oven and bake directly on the pizza stone for 5 minutes (90 seconds in breville pizzaiolo) or until the crust is nicely browned. Rotate if necessary for an evenly colored crust.
- Cut pizza into 6 slices and enjoy with an ice cold IPA.