Lagunitas Live Music Contest
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. OPEN TO RESIDENTS OF CALIFORNIA, 21+ YRS. OLD. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW. CONTEST BEGINS 5/14/22 AND ENDS 05/19/22. ONE PRIZE, 1st PLACE WINS 2x GENERAL ADMISSION (“GA”) 3 DAY PASSES (ARV: $846). FOR FULL OFFICIAL RULES, VISIT WWW.LAGUNITAS.COM/LAGUNITAS-LIVE-MUSIC-CONTEST © 2022 SPONSORED BY THE LAGUNITAS BREWING COMPANY, PETALUMA, CA
- CONTEST PERIOD:
The Lagunitas “Live Music” Contest (the “Contest”) begins at 12:00:01 a.m. Pacific Time (“PT”) on May 14, 2022 and ends at 11:59:59 p.m. PT on May 19, 2022 (the “Contest Period”). All entries must be time-stamped by May 19, 2022 at 11:59:59 p.m. PT. Sponsor’s clock shall be the official timekeeper for this Contest. Internet access is required to participate. This Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Instagram®, Facebook® or BottleRock®. Facebook® is not affiliated with the Sponsor in any way.
During the Contest there are a series of events (explained in detail in the Chart below), which start and end on or about the dates and times noted below.
Contest Timing Chart
|EVENT||EVENT START||EVENT END|
|OPEN SUBMISSION FOR ENTRIES
|May 14, 2022
12:00:01 AM PT
|May 19, 2022
11:59:59 PM ET
|JUDGES’ SELECTION OF WINNER
|May 20-21, 2022|
|WINNER NOTIFICATION||May 23, 2022|
|ANNOUNCEMENT OF WINNERS||Week of May 23, 2022|
- HOW TO ENTER: There is one (1) way to enter this Contest (“Entry Method”). A completed entry via the Entry Method shall be referred to herein as the “Entry”.
 Tell us about your favorite live music memory in words/a description, image/drawing/photo, and/or video (maximum 60 seconds) (the “Entry Submission”); and
 Post your Entry on Instagram using #LagunitasLiveMusicContest and tagging @LagunitasBeer.
You must be a registered member of Instagram® in order to use the Entry Method. Memberships on Instagram® are free. Registration for Instagram® can be obtained by going to the website and entering the required information to register, or by downloading the application from an App Store and following the application’s onscreen instructions to open an account. Normal Internet access and usage charges imposed by your online service provider may apply. If entering via mobile device, normal phone/data and usage charges imposed by your phone service may apply. Standard data rates may apply if entering via mobile device. Contact your online or phone service provider for details.
Instagram Entry Requirements:
- Your Instagram privacy options on your account settings must be set to “OFF”.
- Post must include the required hashtags: #LagunitasLiveMusicContest,
- You can return your Instagram account to “private” any time after the Winner announcement.
LIMIT ONE ENTRY PER PERSON FOR THE CONTEST.
Entrants may make only one (1) Entry during the Contest Period. Any Entry must comply with the Terms of Service for Instagram®. Only the first Entry Submission on the social platform will be reviewed by the judges. Entries received in excess of the Entry limit stated herein will be disqualified. Further, no entrant will be eligible to receive the prize unless Sponsor determines, in its sole and absolute discretion that such entrant’s Entry has been or can be sufficiently cleared for legal purposes. Entries may only be submitted by a single Entrant. Multiple Entrants are not permitted to share the same account. Entries that do not comply with these Official Rules, as determined in Sponsor and/or Administrator’s sole discretion, will be disqualified from the Contest. Decisions of the Sponsor and/or Administrator are final and binding. Use of any automated system to participate is prohibited and will result in disqualification. Any attempt by any Entrant to obtain more than the stated number of entries by using multiple/different accounts, identities, registrations and logins, or any other methods will void that Entrant’s entries and that Entrant may be disqualified.
Important Information About Your Entry:
- Entries must be submitted in English.
- Entries received that are illegible or incomplete, will be disqualified.
- Entrant certifies that the Entry Submission is his/her/their original work, accurate to the Entrant’s work, and that he/she/they has/ve all rights to the Entry Submission, that it has not been previously entered into another contest, published, released, or distributed; does not infringe on any third-party rights; and is suitable for the Contest.
- Sponsor is under no obligation to correspond with Entrant and Entries will not be acknowledged or returned.
Guidelines and Content Restrictions:
- Entry must not contain material that violates or infringes another’s rights, including but not limited to privacy, publicity, copyright, trademark or other intellectual property rights;
- Entry must not disparage or embarrass Sponsor, Releasees, or any other person or party affiliated with the promotion and administration of this Contest;
- Entry must not feature brand names or trademarks of others except the Sponsors products, images, brand names, or likenesses in Entry solely for the purpose of this Contest;
- Entry must not contain material that is harassing, inappropriate, indecent, obscene, hateful, tortious, defamatory, slanderous, libelous or illegal; Entry must not contain any materials relating to politics, lotteries, gambling, tobacco, alcohol or drugs, pornography, adult-oriented content, any other sexually-explicit material or any illegal activity;
- Entry must not contain anything that promotes bigotry, racism, hatred or harm against any group or individual or promotes discrimination based on race, gender, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation, age or illegal activity; and
- Entry must not contain material that is unlawful, in violation of or contrary to the laws or regulations in any jurisdiction where Entry is created.
- Entry must adhere to the creative theme.
- Entry must be Entrant’s own original work, created solely by Entrant or content that incorporates materials from the public domain; must not have previously published, released or distributed in any form; must not have won any award;
- If any persons appear or are referred to in the Entry, Entrant is solely responsible for obtaining, prior to submitting the Entry, any and all releases and consents necessary to permit the exhibition. If any person appearing in any Entry is under the age of majority in their jurisdiction of residence, the signature of a parent or legal guardian is required on each release. Entrant agrees to provide Sponsor with written confirmation of those permissions and rights upon request.
- Entry must not contain any personally identifiable information of any person other than the Entrant’s name. Should Entrant include personally identifiable information about Entrant in the Entry, Entrant acknowledges and agrees that such information will be disclosed publicly and Entrant is solely responsible for any consequences thereof.
If the Sponsor determines in its sole discretion that the content of the Entry does not meet any of the Guidelines and/or Content Restrictions as outlined above, or unacceptable for any reason, the Entry will not be eligible for any prize consideration and may be withdrawn without notice from the Contest at any time at the sole discretion of the Sponsor. Each Entry submission must be manually key stroked and manually entered by the individual Entrant; automated and/or repetitive electronic submission of entries (including, but not limited to, entries made using any script, macro, bot or Contest service) will be disqualified and transmissions from these accounts or related e-mail or IP addresses may be blocked. Entries that do not comply with these Official Rules, as determined in Sponsor’s sole discretion, will be disqualified from the Contest.
The name of the person submitting the Entry must be the authorized account holder of such email account and Instagram account, otherwise the Entry may be deemed void. In the event of a dispute over the identity of a potential Winner, the Entry will be declared made by the authorized holder of the email account used for Entry, and potential Winner may be required to provide identification sufficient to show that he/she is the authorized account holder of such account. It is the sole responsibility of the Entrant to notify the Sponsor in writing if the Entrant changes their Instagram® account during the Contest Period. Proof of submission of Entry does not constitute proof of delivery of Entry.
- ELIGIBILITY: Open to legal residents of California who are 21 or older as of date of entry. Void outside of CA, and where prohibited or restricted by law. Employees, directors, officers and agents of Sponsor, its parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, and advertising and promotion agencies, and any alcoholic beverage industry producers, importers, wholesalers, distributors or licensed retailers, and members of the immediate families or households of any of the above are NOT eligible to participate. In order to enter the Contest or receive a prize, you must fully comply with these Official Rules, and all the terms of Instagram®, and by entering you agree to be bound by these Official Rules and those terms, and the decisions of Sponsor, whose decisions shall be binding and final in all respects, and you certify that you are eligible to enter.
- JUDGING: During the Judging/Selection Period, all eligible entries will be judged by a panel of qualified judges (including representatives from Sponsor) on the basis of the following criteria*:
- Appropriateness to Contest Theme (50%)
- Originality & Creativity (25%)
- Artistic Merit (25%)
* In the event of a tie, from among those tied, the Winner will be the Entry receiving the highest score in the Connection to Lagunitas category. In the event of a tie in Connection to Lagunitas judging criteria, the Entries will be re-judged by a different panel of judges. Judging scores will not be revealed. The decisions of the panel are final.
The potential Winner will be the Entrant who submitted the Entry that received the top highest score, as determined by the panel in its sole discretion. In the event that not enough eligible entries are received, prize may not be awarded.
- PRIZES: There is one (1) level of prize, with one (1) winner each:
One (1) First Prize Winner will receive a pair of General Admission (“GA”) 3-Day Tickets to BottleRock 2022 (“Festival”) in Napa Valley, CA for admission Friday through Sunday, May 27 through May 29, 2022 (Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”): $846)
Alcoholic beverages are not part of the prize. Terms and conditions on each ticket shall apply. Prizes are limited to tickets allowing entry to the Festival. By entering, Entrants understand that they are fully responsible for transportation to and from the Festival. No transportation, meals, lodging or other items will be provided as part of any prize. No assignment, transfer, cash redemption, or substitution of the prizes is permitted. The potential winners will be determined on or about May 21, 2022. Sponsor’s decisions will be final and binding in all matters relating to this Contest. The awarding of the prize is subject to verification of the potential winner’s eligibility. Limit 1 prize per person/household mailing address.
WINNER NOTIFICATION. Each potential winner will be notified by Instagram® direct message on or about May 23, 2022, and may be required to furnish valid proof of age in a form prescribed by Sponsor, and sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility, a Liability Release, and, where permitted by law, a Publicity Release, within seventy-two (72) hours of notification. If any potential winner cannot be reached, does not respond within 72 hours, or does not complete the required Affidavits and Releases, the prize will automatically be forfeited, and an alternate winner may be selected at Sponsor’s sole discretion.
- GENERAL CONDITIONS: This Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to offer a cash alternative for the prize.
ELECTRONIC SUBMISSIONS: In the event of a dispute, entries will be deemed made by the authorized account holder of the Instagram® account submitted at time of entry. Sponsor is not responsible for: (a) lost, late, misdirected, undeliverable, incomplete, illegible or indecipherable entries due to, among other things, system errors or failures or otherwise, or faulty transmissions or other telecommunications malfunctions, bugs and/or problems related to the online entry; (b) technical failures of any kind; (c) failures of any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest; (d) unauthorized human and/or mechanical intervention in any part of the entry process or the Contest; (e) technical or human error that may occur or be encountered by entrants in the entry process, or by Sponsor in the administration of the Contest or the processing of entries, including computer system, phone line, hardware, software or program malfunctions, or other errors, failures or delays in computer transmissions or network connections that are human or technical in nature; or (f) any injury or damage to persons or property (including death) which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from any entrant’s participation in the Contest or receipt or use of any prize. Sponsor may disqualify or prohibit an entrant from participating in the Contest or receiving any prize if, in Sponsor’s sole discretion, Sponsor determines or suspects that such entrant is attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest by cheating, hacking, deception, or other unsafe or unfair playing practices (including the use of automated quick entry programs, or creating aliases to register more than once) or intending to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other entrants or Sponsor’s representatives. Should multiple users of the same e-mail account enter the Contest and a dispute thereafter arises regarding the identity of the entrant, the authorized account holder of said e-mail account at the time of entry will be considered the entrant. “Authorized account holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned a Instagram® account by Instagram®. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY ANY ENTRANT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE THE WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST MAY BE IN VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND/OR CIVIL LAWS, AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE UNRESTRICTED RIGHT, EXERCISABLE AT ANY TIME IN SPONSOR’S SOLE DISCRETION, AND WITHOUT WAIVER OF OR LIMITATION ON ANY OF SPONSOR’S OTHER AVAILABLE LEGAL AND/OR EQUITABLE RIGHTS AND REMEDIES, TO SEEK CIVIL AND/OR CRIMINAL PROSECUTION AND DAMAGES (INCLUDING ATTORNEYS’ FEES) FROM AND AGAINST ANY SUCH ENTRANT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW.
PRIZE CONDITIONS: Federal and state income taxes may apply and are the sole responsibility of the prize winner(s), regardless of whether the prize is used in whole or in part. An IRS form 1099 may be issued in the name of the winner(s) for the actual value of the prize received. Any and all expenses not specifically stated as being included are excluded, and are the responsibility of the prize winner(s) including without limitation, air travel and hotel costs. No assignment, transfer, cash redemption, or substitution of the prizes is permitted, but Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize for one of comparable or greater value. Sponsor shall not be responsible for any cancellations, delays, diversions or substitution or any act or omissions whatsoever by any air carriers, hotels, venue operators, transportation companies, prize providers or any other persons providing any prize-related services or accommodations. PRIZES ARE AWARDED “AS-IS”. NEITHER SPONSOR NOR ITS REPRESENTATIVES MAKE ANY WARRANTY, REPRESENTATION OR GUARANTEE, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, IN FACT OR IN LAW, RELATIVE TO THE USE OF ANY PRIZE, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, QUALITY, MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE (UNLESS SPONSOR ELECTS TO PROVIDE ANY PRIZE RECIPIENT WITH ANY EXPRESS WRITTEN WARRANTIES). FURTHER, NEITHER SPONSOR NOR THE CONTEST ENTITIES ASSUME ANY ADDITIONAL EXPENSES, OMISSIONS, DELAYS OR ACTS OF ANY GOVERNMENT OR AUTHORITY.
SIMILAR IDEAS: You understand and acknowledge that: i) Sponsor has wide access to ideas, stories, designs, film, tape, video, and other materials, and those new ideas are constantly being submitted to it or being developed by their own employees or third parties; ii) many ideas may be competitive with, similar to, or identical to content in your Entry; iii) You will not be entitled to any compensation as a result of Sponsor’s use of your Entry (or any elements thereof) as well as any such similar or identical material that has or may come to Sponsor, in any manner, including without limitation, from other sources. Finally, you acknowledge that, with respect to any claim of yours relating to or arising out of, resulting from or related to this Contest, the damage, if any, thereby caused to you will not be irreparable or otherwise sufficient to entitle you to seek any injunctive or other equitable relief or in any way enjoin, otherwise interfere with, delay, or interrupt the production, distribution, exhibition, or other exploitation of any production based on, or allegedly based on, your Entry, and your rights and remedies in any such event shall be strictly limited to the right to recover damages, if any, in an action at law. By participating in the Contest, Entrants acknowledge and agree that: (a) Sponsor may now have similar concepts, artwork and/or ideas in development and/or may independently develop and use similar concepts, work and/or ideas; (b) any similarity between any Entry that Entrants submit and/or any materials already in development or independently developed hereafter by the Sponsor shall be coincidental; and (c) Entrants shall have no rights whatsoever in or to, nor shall Entrants make any claim against, any artwork, sketches, designs, concepts or ideas already in development, or that may hereafter be independently developed, by the Sponsor notwithstanding any similarity to any materials (including the Entry) that Entrant has submitted hereunder nor with respect to any use by the Sponsor of the entries (or elements thereof).
GENERAL LIABILITY RELEASE: If for any reason this Contest is not capable of running as planned, the Sponsor reserves the right at its sole and absolute discretion, to disqualify any individual, and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest in whole or in part, at any time, without notice and award the Contest prize using all non-suspect eligible entries, or in any manner that is fair and equitable. Entrant further agrees that Sponsor and Facebook, Inc. shall not be responsible or liable for any losses, damages, or injuries of any kind resulting from the Contest, or any Contest-related activity. By participating, all entrants release, indemnify and hold harmless the Sponsor, Live Nation Worldwide, Inc. (“Live Nation”), Facebook Inc., and each of their respective parents and subsidiaries, affiliates, partners, employees, officers, directors, shareholders, and agents, including advertising agencies, and all others associated with the development and execution of the Contest (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from any and all injury, loss, or damage caused or claimed to be caused by your participation in the Contest and/or acceptance, awarding, receipt, use and/or misuse of the prize. In addition, Entrant releases the Released Parties from any such liability and agree that these entities are in no manner responsible for any warranty, representation, or guarantee, expressed or implied, in fact or in law, relating to the Contest and/or prize.
Entrant hereby agrees to indemnify and hold the Released Parties harmless from and against any third-party claims, actions or proceedings of any kind and from any, and all damages, liabilities, costs and expenses, including attorney fees and court costs, arising out of any breach or alleged breach of any of the warranties and representations set forth above. Entrant further understands and agrees that all rights under Section 1542 of the Civil Code of California (“Section 1542”) and any similar law of any state or territory of the United States that may be applicable with respect to the foregoing release are hereby expressly and forever waived. Entrant acknowledges that Section 1542 provides that: “A GENERAL RELEASE DOES NOT EXTEND TO CLAIMS THAT THE CREDITOR OR RELEASING PARTY DOES NOT KNOW OR SUSPECT TO EXIST IN HIS OR HER FAVOR AT THE TIME OF EXECUTING THE RELEASE AND THAT, IF KNOWN BY HIM OR HER, WOULD HAVE MATERIALLY AFFECTED HIS OR HER SETTLEMENT WITH THE DEBTOR OR RELEASED PARTY.” The releases hereunder are intended to apply to all claims not known or suspected to exist with the intent of waiving the effect of laws requiring the intent to release future unknown claims.
GRANT OF RIGHTS: By entering, except where prohibited by law, each Entrant grants to the Sponsor and their agents and assigns in perpetuity the irrevocable, sub-licensable, absolute right and permission to use, edit, modify, cut, rearrange, add to, delete from, copy, reproduce, translate, separate, dub, adapt, publish, combine with other material, reuse, adapt, and exploit the content of and elements embodied in the Entry Submission in any and all media, including but not limited to paper format, digital and electronic media, computer, audio and audiovisual media (whether now existing or hereafter devised), in any language, throughout the world, and in any manner, for trade, advertising, promotional, commercial, or any other purposes without further review, notice, approval, consideration, or compensation. Each Entrant agrees that the Released Parties may, but are not required to attribute the Entry Submission to an Entrant. Each Entrant waives and releases the Released Parties from any and all claims that Entrant may now or hereafter have in any jurisdiction based on “moral rights” or “droit moral” or unfair competition with respect to the Released Parties’ exploitation of entries without further notification or compensation to Entrants of any kind, and agrees not to instigate, support, maintain, or authorize any action, claim, or lawsuit against the Released Parties and each of their affiliates, licensees, or any other person in connection with this Contest, on the grounds that any use of any elements embodied in the Entry Submission or any derivative works, infringe or violate any of Entrant’s rights therein. Each Entrant agrees to execute any documents that Released Parties may require to affect such grant of rights. Each Winner grants the Released Parties the right to use and publish his/her/their name, Entry submission or elements, likeness, picture, voice, and/or any information contained in his/her/their Entry Submission, online, in print and in any other media for advertising and promotional purposes worldwide, and in perpetuity without additional compensation, notice, review, or approval, unless prohibited by law. Nothing contained in these Official Rules obligates the licensed entities to make use of any of the rights granted herein and each Winner waives any right to inspect or approve any use.
The decisions of the Sponsor are final and binding in all matters relating to this Contest, including interpretation and application of these Official Rules. Sponsor reserves the right to request from Entrant at any time proof that Entrant maintains all necessary rights in their Entry Submission in order to grant Sponsor the rights required herein in a form acceptable to Sponsor. Failure to provide such proof may lead to, among other things, the Entrant being disqualified from the Contest.
CHOICE OF LAW: By entering, Entrants agree that all issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, participant’s rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of the Sponsor in connection with the Contest shall be governed by the laws of the State of California, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of laws principles. By participating in the Contest, Entrants consent to the sole jurisdiction and venue of the federal, state and local courts located in Sonoma County, California.
- WINNER’S LIST: For the winner’s list, please send an e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Lagunitas Live Music Contest Winners List Request”. Email requests must be received by May 22, 2022. Requests will be fulfilled after winners are verified.
- SPONSOR: This Contest is sponsored by The Lagunitas Brewing Company, Petaluma, CA (“Sponsor”). Any questions, comments or complaints regarding this Contest must be directed to the Sponsor only, and NOT to Facebook®. The information you provide in connection with this Contest is being provided to the Sponsor and not to Facebook, Inc. Such information will be used for purposes of this Contest.
Copyright ©2022 THE LAGUNITAS BREWING CO., PETALUMA, CA. All rights reserved.
The INSTAGRAM trademark and site are owned by FACEBOOK, INC. FACEBOOK, INC. is not a party to this Contest, has not offered or sponsored this Contest in any way, and shall have no liability or responsibility for any claim arising in connection with this Contest or any item(s) awarded.
BottleRock Is a registered trademark of Live Nation Worldwide, Inc.
BottleRock and Live Nation are not a sponsor or administrator of this Contest and are in no way responsible for the administration of this Contest, the verification of winners or the fulfillment of prizing. All inquiries regarding this Contest should be directed to the Sponsor.