For the Planet
Since the early days, Lagunitas Brewing Company has taken great pride in our commitment to reducing our environmental impact. Today we continue that work by creating a more resilient and regenerative craft beer industry.
HIGHLIGHTING OUR SUSTAINABLE SUPPLIER PARTNERS
- Roy Farms runs 100% on solar energy – full solar power!
- Roy Farms is improving irrigation conservation.
- Chinook Arch Growers: Barley farmers sustainability group
- Petaluma and Chicago combine for over 100,000 lbs per month of recycled material (cardboard, glass & plastic), keeping it out of the landfill.
- We re-use these recycled materials in our packaging.
- Petaluma’s solar system generates 3.2 GWh/yr of renewable energy & nearly 60% of our total Petaluma brewery electricity consumption.
- Gas generated in the anaerobic bio-digester generates 438,000 kwh/yr of renewable energy.
- ENERGY EFFICIENCY
- Petaluma has been cutting down energy usage.
- Chicago is taking steps to reduce the total electricity consumption & explore self-generation.
- SPENT GRAIN
- Our spent grains and yeast are sold at a discount to local farms.
- This keeps12M lbs of waste out of the landfill annually.
- The spent grain and yeast provides high quality nutritional feed to farm animals in our communities.
- EXTRACT LOSS
- We continually improve efficiencies and practices to reduce our extract loss from the brewing process to bottling/canning procedures.
- We’ve improved extraction loss by 1/3 which means there is more beer to enjoy & less waste during the process!
- SAVING WATER
- Wastewater Treatment Plant in Petaluma treats 100% of our wastewater on-site.
- The new system reduces our water intake by 20%